5.22.2008

Mad Happy/Scream Club

So, on Tuesday night, Kelly and I went and saw Mad happy, Scream Club and some DJ's. It was a good time! Mad Happy played at Hairy Mary's years ago, and have not been back since. I was afraid that they didn't like it here, cuz the crowd that night were a bunch of drunken assholes!! The Mews is such a better place for them. Kelly bought a shirt and things. They are so rad, and I love them.
Then Scream CLub....well well...*ehm* talk about some killer beats with super duper funny outfits, and way positive lyrics (sometimes)=)!! A duo that is just spectacular, at times they totally reminded me of Northern State, how passionate they were in their lyrics when they had something to really get out of the songs, to really relay the message with hip-hop. I must say my body hurt almost as bad the next day after I went to see Freezepop and Joy Electric!! My right ear is still muzzled, I was of course right next to the speaker, but I had a good spot, I LOVE DANCING!!!! My hoodie also rocks when dancing, until I get hot =) Nobody cared, everyone let loose and just...busted a move...ARM PIT HAIR!!!

4 comments:

:) said...

i have a couple scream club cds so i can burn them for ya if ya want

Sierra said...

that would be cool, and of course you do =)

pissantONwheels said...

It was a very kickass show, i loved all of it, mad happy, scream club, and the djs were cool, lots of people with some nice moves got up and danced on the stage between sets which i though was quite cool. And furthermore i was just plain impressed with the turnout for a tuesday evening show in des moines, ia. It makes me so happy when cool people play here and people actually show up! It definitely helps get bands to return someday.

Also i would like those scream club cds as well :)

:) said...

i'm on it ladies