10.29.2008

RIse Against

There's a lot of songs currently about the war, if this one doesn't strike the heart stings in you..nothing will. It gave me chills when I first heard it, cry a few times after, I'd like to sing along but I never can without getting choked up! Rise Against is also coming near Iowa soon...dunno if I'll see them, but I'd like to! My brother should be home soon, date un-certain. He's well, calls home just to hear us talk, normal everyday talk as if he was here. He doesn't really want to talk about anything over there anymore, not even really make jokes. He misses home, misses sleeping well without weird/crazy noises at night, and even during the day. I couldn't imagine that being a part of my everyday world. It's day over here, when night over there, so he usually calls at night his time, which causes him to sleep even less, but that's what keeps him going I think. I'm still trying to remember why it is the war is going on, or anything at all....and sadly I have nothing! It sucks when I think about how awesome shit is going here with job...etc...then I think...my brother is over somewhere in camo's carrying a gun at all times, missing the shit out of his home! All I can really do is send him awesome thoughts, and continue on. It's the best we all can do. I also take time often to think of the families that will never see their loved one again...and the constant worry they face! POWER TO BE PEACEFUL!!!

1 comment:

:) said...

my bro is totally into this band. they are pretty damn good.

may your bro be protected. can't wait till he makes it home!